Devidians are life forms that feed off neural energy and live out out of phase, making them undetectable by 23rd century Federation technology. They are associated with triolic radiation and use psychic energy attacks.
Physical features[edit | edit source]
The most significant characteristic of the Devidians is that they exist slightly out of phase with the rest of the universe. Devidians have a basically humanoid shape, featuring a torso with a head and pairs of arms and legs. They're delicately built and always hover above the ground, never touching it. The head is completely different from other humanoid species: From the side it looks like an inverse "L" and has only one opening, featuring no discernible eyes or ears. This opening is the mouth and serves to suck the life force from the Devidian's victims. Devidians appear whitish-transparent with a discreet purple, fluid-like pattern on their skin. They can use their hands to punch and do not fall to the ground when knocked back. Their only known form of sustenance is neural energy they suck from humanoid species, preferably Humans. Devidians require triolic waves for survival.
Culture[edit | edit source]
Little is known about the Devidians' culture. They're driven by their hunger for neural energy and act unscrupulously, killing people without remorse. Moreover, Devidians conduct time travel in a reckless way, risking severe changes of the timeline. Devidians wear neither clothes nor other obvious ornaments on their bodies. At least the Shrouded Phantasm is willing to and capable of verbally communicating with other species. Devidians have a hierarchical structure, with the Shrouded Phantasm appearing as the leader.
History[edit | edit source]
- Travelling back in time from the 25th century, the Devidians secretly invaded Drozana Station when Driffen's Comet, which was sending out large quantities of triolic waves, passed the Federation starbase in 2265. They killed several Starfleet officers and were finally defeated by a KDF and Starfleet team from the future, who destroy the comet. (“Everything Old is New”, “Night of the Comet”)
- Officially, first contact between the Federation and the Devidians took place in 2368 when the U.S.S. Enterprise-D, commanded by Captain Jean-Luc Picard, encountered them on Devidia II. Captain Picard saw no way to parlay with them and instead destroyed their source of power.
- In 2409, Driffen's Comet is passing Drozana Station, now owned by the Ferengi, again. The Devidians kill people from both the Klingon Empire as well as the Federation, including civilians. and attempt to use the comet's triolic radiation to access the past as well as to bring the Donatu Sector into their phase, risking the destabilization of the Galaxy. The destruction of the comet in the past foils their plan, however, they still roam the station. In addition, they board at least one vesssel of the True Way Alliance, the Axon. (“Skirmish”, “What Lies Beneath”)
Politics[edit | edit source]
The Devidian invasion force is lead by the Shrouded Phantasm who is probably the leader of its people. He, she or it ensures that the Devidians find feeding grounds anywhere and anytime and is equally driven by their hunger for neural energy.
Missions involved[edit | edit source]
- Devidian Front (aka Series 2: The Devidians)
Missions Formerly Involved[edit | edit source]
Military[edit | edit source]
Starships[edit | edit source]
Ground forces[edit | edit source]
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Devidians are possibly the only major enemy faction with no apparent starships. In Ghost Ship, a bridge officer surmises that the attacking D'Deridex vessel may actually have been a Devidian vessel in disguise.
[edit | edit source]
|Details||Devidian • Drozana Station|
|Ground Forces||Visitor • Umbral • Eidolon • Phantasm|
|Quick Faction Navigation Toolbar (ordered by quadrant)|