Deep Space 9
Sitting at the entrance of the Bajoran wormhole, Deep Space 9 (often abbreviated to DS9) is a space station located in the Bajor Sector. While it offically remains a Federation station under Starfleet control, citizens of the Klingon Empire do have access to Deep Space 9.
Deep Space 9 serves as one of the most important mission hubs, meeting points and commerce centers of the Alpha Quadrant. It is also the base of operation for the joint Starfleet-Klingon Special Borg Task Force. Since the First Dominion War, a U.S.S. Defiant is traditionally assigned to the station. Deep Space Nine's current commanding officer is James Kurland.
System Description[edit | edit source]
DS9 was key to the defense of the Alpha Quadrant during the Dominion War, and its commander, Benjamin Sisko, laid the groundwork that led to Bajor joining the Federation.
Note: Although Deep Space 9 is officially within the Bajor System, it is seperately accessible from sector space.
History[edit | edit source]
In 2369 Starfleet takes control of the station at the request of the Bajoran provisional government. Following the discovery of the Bajoran wormhole the station is moved from its original position in Bajor's orbit and becomes one of the most important commerce facilities in the entire Alpha Quadrant. It is also the starting point for any ship exploring the Gamma Quadrant.
After hostile confrontations lead to all-out war, Deep Space Nine is at the center stage of the First Dominion War from 2373 to 2375. The station's crew, including commanding officer Benjamin Sisko, take part in many pivotal battles of the war.
Following the Dominion War, Deep Space Nine remains an important hub for trade, commerce, diplomacy and military operations. While True Way forces attempt to destabilize the region by attacking the station numerous times, DS9 is mostly recognized as the base of operation for joint Starfleet-Klingon anti-Borg operations. In late 2409 Deep Space Nine is once again overrun by Dominion forces, who were displaced in time by the Bajoran Prophets.
Locations & NPCs[edit | edit source]
Promenade[edit | edit source]
These NPCs sell various equipment, commodities, and weapons.
- STF Vendors (inactive since Season 7 launch, items now aquired via the Reputation System )
- Admiral D'Vak explains Omega Force
- Commander Roxy can convert requisitions to standard and Special Reserve gear as well as sells the Assimilated Borg Technology set and Liberated Borg duty officers for [Encrypted Data Chip]s
- M.A.C.O. Commando is the Federation space vendor
- M.A.C.O. Veteran is the Federation ground vendor
- Honor Guard Elite is the Klingon space vendor
- Honor Guard Veteran is the Klingon ground vendor
- Kit Merchants Kalti Vrann and Kilta Vrann, Andorian twins who sell Mk V and VII kits
- The Mugato Handler, who provides the 800 Day Veteran Reward
- Yeserin and Konzaar, Commodities Brokers
- Outfitter Adjka and Armorer Zentan, who sell Mk I-IX Personal Shields and Body Armor
- Mo'Neke, the Tailor
- Device Merchants Dolgun and Tohmoe
- Pag, the same Ferengi merchant from Earth Spacedock 
- Weapon Procurer Urgmaht, who sells common disruptor personal weapons
- Weaponmaster Targosk, who sells common phaser personal weapons
- Ahnya-Maahlia, the Orion female dancer in Urgmaht and Targosk's booth
- An unnamed Trader offering Trade Duty Officer missions
- Bajoran Temple
Docking Ring[edit | edit source]
West[edit | edit source]
These NPCs can help you with your starship.
- Shipwright Arcol, who can help you customize your starship
- Dockmaster Det, who can help you select your starship
- A Ship Equipment vendor, from whom you can purchase various starship equipment and weapons
- Ship Procurer Eclia, from whom you can requisition starships
- Shuttle Requisitions, from whom you can requisition shuttles
- The Chief Engineer, who can repair ship injuries
East[edit | edit source]
- Lieutenant Commander Tana, a Skill Trainer who can help you with respecs
- Chief Medical Officer to heal injured crew
Quark's Bar[edit | edit source]
Operations[edit | edit source]
To get to Operations (or "Ops"), take the turbolift next to the beam-in location.
- Captain James Kurland, commander of the station and mission giver
- An officer at the upper level (who alternates between one of the three professions), from whom you can requisition Bridge Officers
- Captain Gorah
- Lieutenant Commander Adina Charles
Missions Involved[edit | edit source]
- “Taste of Home”
- “Temple Offerings”
- “Venture into Deep Space” [Lv 39]
- “War Games” [Lv 40]
- “Shutdown” [Lv 40]
- “Rapier” [Lv 41]
- “Crack in the Mirror” [Lv 43]
- “Seeds of Dissent” [Lv 44]
- "The 2800" Feature Episode Series [Lv 45]
- “Foxes and Hounds” [PvE Fleet Action] (currently unavailable)
- “DS9 under Siege!” [PvE Fleet Action] (currently unavailable)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The appearance of the space around Deep Space 9 was heavily redesigned with the release of the fourth Featured Series The 2800 to more closely resemble canon (e.g., purple Denorios belt instead of diffuse brown nebula).
- Starting with Season Five, Klingon players have access to the station.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- Apparently, he can be in two places at the same time.
[edit | edit source]
- Deep Space 9 at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Deep Space 9 at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.