- For the playable vessel, see D'deridex Warbird Battle Cruiser.
The D'deridex Battlecruiser is a large battleship used by the various Romulan and Reman factions. It is well-armed and has many capabilities ranging from tractor beams, subsystem targeting to sensor jamming. They usually travel alone, but are sometimes accompanied by either Mogai or T'varo Warbirds. Like other battleships, the D'deridex is heavily armed and well-shielded but lacks in maneuverability and speed.
- Beam Array: Overload III
- Photonic Shock Wave
- Torpedo: High Yield I
- Torpedo: Spread II
- Tractor Beam
- Viral Matrix II
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
- “Flight from Virinat”: The I.R.W. Khnial coordinates the Tal Shiar's attack on Virinat.
- “Empire Defense Against Romulan Encroachment”: Numerous D'deridex Battlecruisers hide from the Klingon Empire in the Yan Nebula.
- “Under the Cover of Night”: The I.R.W. Calaf is sent to retrieve T'Par in the Agrama System.
- “Minefield”: A D'deridex attempts to prevent the activation of a Federation minefield in the Teneebia System.
- “Saturday's Child”: Romulan forces clash with Klingon ships in the Aelas System.
- “Preemptive Strike”: A number of D'deridex Battlecruisers are among the Romulan fleet massing in the Rator System for an attack on the Federation.
- “Project Nightingale”: The I.R.W. Rea attempts to prevent the escape of the U.S.S. Nobel.
- “Ghost Ship”: A D'deridex Battlecruiser attacks the player in the Great Bloom. After it is destroyed, one of the player's Bridge officers speculates that it may have actually been a Devidian vessel in disguise.
- “Frozen”: A D'deridex loyal to Hakeev's Tal Shiar forces enters the Dera System to destroy a Reman base on Dera IV; however it is destroyed by the player before it can attack. The base itself is revealed to be a D'deridex that has been buried beneath the surface of the planet.
- “No Win Scenario”: In Combat Simulation 347, D'deridex Battlecruisers are among hundreds of Romulan ships attacking a Civilian Transport.
- “Fleet Alert”: D'deridex Battlecruisers are part of a Tal Shiar fleet attacking Federation and Klingon Fleet Starbases.
- “Carraya System Patrol”: A D'deridex Battlecruiser is among the Tal Shiar forces attacking Romulans loyal to the Republic in the Carraya System.
- “Acamar System Patrol”: The Tal Shiar orchestrated a dispute between rival Acamarian clans. If the player is successful in resolving the dispute peacefully, the Romulans attack with a D'deridex and a Mogai Heavy Warbird.
- “We Need Breathing Room (Daily)”: D'deridex Battlecruisers are among the Romulan and Reman forces KDF players may encounter during exploration missions.
- “Installation 18”: Several D'deridex Battlecruisers are part of a Tal Shiar fleet that engage the player in the Nimbus System.
- “Turning Point”: The Khnial, now sporting Borg modifications, is part of a Tal Shiar incursion in the Khitomer System seeking to disrupt a conference about the establishment of a Romulan Republic colony on New Romulus.
- “Friend or Foe”: KDF players engage the I.R.W. Solius in the Vor System, with assistance from a Romulan Republic vessel.
- “Ground Zero”: The I.R.W. Sithesh attempts to prevent Federation players from learning the truth about the Hobus supernova.
- “Friend of My Enemy”: The I.R.W. Xatos battles Federation players in the Rashana System.
- “Taris”: the I.R.W. Intrakhu engages Federation players in the Iconia System.
- “The Vault”: Players must prevent a Reman D'deridex battlecruiser from escaping with thalaron weapons stolen from The Vault.
- “Cutting the Cord”: Reman D'deridex battlecruisers are among the fleet Obisek leads into battle against the Tal Shiar base in the Brea System.
- “The Vault: Ensnared”: Reman D'deridex Battlecruisers assist the player in preventing Tholian forces from capturing The Vault.
At higher levels, the D'deridex is formidable even for a battleship. Often they will snare enemy vessels with their tractor beam and immediately follow with a trio of Heavy Plasma Torpedoes that can destroy even the toughest ships in a matter of seconds. This tactic has made the D'deridex Battleship infamous among the Star Trek Online community.
They are not invincible, however. One way to evade the aforementioned attack is to stay out of range of their tractor beam (5 kilometers). If you do get caught in the beam, you can get away by polarizing your hull, employing Jam Sensors or Attack Pattern Omega, or hitting the D'deridex with a Photonic Shockwave. You can also neutralize incoming Heavy Torpedoes with Cannon: Scatter Volley, Beam Array: Fire at Will, Torpedo: Spread, and (if the torpedoes are coming from behind you) Eject Warp Plasma, among others. Should one or more of these torpedoes impact your ship, using Hazard Emitters will promptly extinguish the resulting plasma fires and begin healing at least some of the damage dealt by the attack.
Vessels of the class
|| I.R.W. Calaf|
|| I.R.W. Intrakhu|
- The appearance of the D'deridex was redone for the launch of Legacy of Romulus on May 21, 2013.
- Using Romulan Distress Call - D'deridex Battleship will summon a D'deridex Battlecruiser to assist the player in battle.
- Players can mimic the appearance of the Reman D'deridex on the playable D'deridex Warbird Battle Cruiser by using the Reman Prototype Space Set or selecting the type 1 Reman hull material in the ship customization editor.
The original, pre-Legacy of Romulus Romulan D'deridex model.
Romulan Star Empire
|Details||Romulan Star Empire • Romulan • Reman • Hirogen • Rator III • S'harien Station • Tal Shiar|
|Ground Forces||Romulan Analyst • Technician • Recruit (Romulan) • Uhlan • Sublieutenant Medic • Romulan Interrogator • Centurion • Centurion Engineer • Centurion Medic • Centurion Scientist • Subcommander • Subcommander Engineer • Romulan Commander • Romulan Captain|
|Starships||Romulan Shuttle • Scorpion Fighter (Mob) • T'varo Light Warbird (Mob) • Mogai Heavy Warbird (Mob) • D'deridex Battlecruiser • Scimitar Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Charva • Janek • Taris • Tarsen • Teleb • Hakeev • Sela|
|NPC starships||I.R.W. Aethra • I.R.W. Areinnye • I.R.W. Decius • I.R.W. Esemar • I.R.W. Khnial • I.R.W. Leahval|
|Details||Reman Resistance • Reman • The Vault • Crateris • Remus • New Romulus • Vauthil Station|
|Ground Forces||Guard • Shadow Guard • Guard Elite • Shadow Guard Elite • Dark Shadow Guard Elite • Guard Commander • Guard Captain|
|Starships||Scorpion Fighter (Mob) • T'varo Light Warbird (Mob) • Dhelan Warbird (Mob) • Mogai Heavy Warbird (Mob) • D'deridex Battlecruiser • Haakona Advanced Warbird (Mob) • Scimitar Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Khiy • Obisek • Rashna • Slamek • Xionel|
|NPC starships||I.R.W. Decimus • R.R.W. Llaisnen • Reman Scout • Rerik • Zdenia|