Console - Universal - Ionized Gas Sensor
+X Starship Sensors
Attack Upgrade - Seeks Cloaked, Disable Engines
- Upgrades your next torpedo attack. Seeks cloaked targets, drains engine power with a chance to disable the entire system.
[Console - Universal - Ionized Gas Sensor] is a universal console available to both Federation and Klingon players. Like all universal consoles, the console can be equipped in any console slot on a ship. This console is usable on any ship.
- Special Ability: Emission-Seeking Torpedo
In 2293, the U.S.S. Enterprise-A was under attack by a prototype Klingon Bird-of-Prey that could fire while cloaked. Since it was impossible to see the attacking ship, Commander Nyota Uhura suggested they use the equipment they had on board to catalog gaseous anomalies to help detect the cloaked Bird-of-Prey, stating that "the thing's gotta have a tailpipe". This Console Mod can be equipped on any ship, in any console slot. You may only equip one of theses mods on any single ship.
The Ionized Gas Sensor Console Mod grants modest passive bonus to your starship sensors which scales with level. It also grants an active ability that can modify most torpedo types to track down cloaked enemy ships.
- Federation players and Federation allied Romulan Republic players can obtain the console from the Cruiser Refit in the C-Store for 750 .
- Klingon players and Klingon allied Romulan Republic can obtain the console from Tal Shiar Lock Boxes.
- The bonus to Starship Sensors is based off of the player's rank and uses the same formula as [Console - Universal - Tachyon Detection Field] and [Console - Universal - Tachyon Detection Grid].
- Formula for Sensor Bonus
- Bonus = (Player Rank + 11) * 3 / 8
- The emission-seeking torpedo was seen in the movie: Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country.