Cannons have a firing arc of 180° and deal slightly more damage than Beam Arrays.
Cannons, Dual Beam Banks, Dual Cannons, and Dual Heavy Cannons can not be mounted in aft (rear facing) weapon slots. Turrets are considered a type of cannon, but can be mounted in aft (rear facing) weapon slots.
There are several types of Cannon available, each of which are listed below. Each type of Cannon offers a different proc (random chance for an attack bonus). The damage done by these weapons is modified by several Modifiers, Skills from the skill tables and certain Consoles. The baseline damage is dependent on the weapon's Mark level and its rarity.
- For more information on the base damage done by Cannon weapons, see the respective weapon type articles.
- Phaser: 2.5% chance to disable a random subsystem
- Disruptor: 2.5% chance to lower the targets hull damage resistance by 10% for 15 sec
- Plasma: 2.5% chance to apply a non-stacking damage-over-time debuff
- Polaron: 2.5% chance to reduce all enemy subsystem power levels by 25
- Tetryon: 2.5% chance to deal additional shield damage
- Antiproton: +20 to Critical Severity
Cannon have one modifier suffix, will have two, will have three, and will have 4. adds a 5th unique modifier.
General Modifiers: Can appear multiple times (e.g. [Acc]x2, [CrtH]x3, etc)
Special Crafted Modifiers: These modifiers can appear once on crafted Cannon ofquality and higher:
Epic Modifier: All energy weapons upgraded toquality receive:
- Ac/Dm: Accuracy and Damage
|Starship Weapons Training||Lieutenant||All weapon damage.|
|Starship Energy Weapons||Lt. Commander||Energy weapon damage.|
|Starship Targeting Systems||Commander||Weapon accuracy.|
|Starship Energy Weapon Specialization||Admiral||Energy weapon critical hit chance and severity.|
|Assimilated Module|| +0.92% Critical Chance.|
+9.2% Critical Severity.
|Tachyokinetic Converter|| +0.76% Critical Chance.|
+7.6% Critical Severity.
|Zero-Point Energy Conduit||+1.8% Critical Chance.|
|Prefire Chamber|| Cannon Weapon damage.
Base Damage Table
All values given are for common weapons. There is greater damage with increasing rarity.
| Lower Half
| Starship Energy Weapons |
|Array||Dual Bank||Turret||Single||Dual||Dual Heavy||Quad|
|Standard Energy Weapons|
|Hybrid Energy Weapons (two standard procs)|
|Spiral Wave Disruptor|
|Special Energy Weapons (non-standard procs)|
|Kinetic Cutting Beam|
| Starship Projectile Weapons |
| Projectile Type →
↓ Damage Type
|Torpedo||Mine||Cluster Torpedo / Missile|