The Balaur Dreadnought is a powerful warship used by the Gorn Hegemony. Its armament is comparable to the Nausicaans' Ravager Dreadnought. As is the case with all dreadnoughts, Balaurs are extremely well shielded and require the strength of several ships to be overcome.
 Physical appearance
The Balaur Dreadnought has a compact, somewhat boxy shape like a truncated wedge. However, the ship loses height from the aft end to the front. The Balaur is green in color and three pairs of short fins are attached to its underside. The engines are situated at the aft end while the thin forward section consists entirely of a broad deflector dish. Six pairs of light bulges are evenly distributed on the Dreadnought's top, their yellow coloring matching the deflector dish's. Compared to other Gorn ships, the Balaur features much fewer accentuated curvatures.
- Beam Array: Fire at Will III
- Emergency Power to Shields
- Photonic Shockwave Photonic Shockwave Torpedo-Load
- Torpedo: Spread III
|Level||Standard Difficulty||Advanced Difficulty||Elite Difficulty|
 Vessels of the class
|Balaur Class|| S'terras|
 Missions encountered
- “Fleet Alert”  : The S'terras, Ythannak, Hekallss, Menakk, and Yanss lead separate Gorn raids on starbases. Defeating all five earns you the "Gorn Siege Breaker" accolade.
- “Starbase Fleet Defense”  : A number of these ships lead a siege against a starbase.
- “No Win Scenario”: Balaur Dreadnoughts attack the Civilian Transport in Combat Simulation 347.
Caught in a gravity well.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 If the players are with the KDF faction, the Gorn ships attacking the Klingon starbase are affiliated with a rebel faction. Likewise, the respective accolade is called "Gorn Rebel Siege Breaker".
- Like all other Gorn starship classes the Dreadnought's designation is a reference to reptiles from Earth's fauna and/or mythology. In this case, Balaur is refers to a mythological dragon from Romanian folklore and a theropod dinosaur from Romania.
|Details||Gorn Hegemony • Gorn • Gornar|
|Ground Forces||Saur • Trooper • Ranger • Heavy Ranger • Handler • Mortar • Ra'wiq • Hodch|
|Starships||Naga Fighter • Vishap Frigate • Tuatara Cruiser • Phalanx Science Vessel (Mob) • Draguas Support Vessel (Mob) • Zilant Battleship • Varanus Fleet Support Vessel (Mob) • Balaur Dreadnought|
|NPCs||K'staa • S'taass|
|NPC starships||I.K.S. Skaut • S'terras • I.K.S. Strazss • Hekallss • Menakk • I.K.S. Vrah • Yanss • Ythannak • I.K.S. Zadak|