Caitian Atrox Carrier
 Atrox Carrier
To deal with the increasing threat of the Klingons and the tactical advantage they have with their carrier ships, the Federation has called upon their member worlds for assistance.
In response, the Caitians made their fierce Atrox Carrier available to Starfleet. A true carrier, the Atrox has been updated by the Caitians and the Starfleet Corps of Engineers with modifications that give it some of the abilities of a science vessel, including subsystem targeting and bonuses to Shield and Auxiliary power. These abilities allow the Atrox to support its fighters as well as other ships in its fleet.
The Atrox Carrier is almost a copy of the Klingon Vo'quv Carrier. Despite its sleek appearance, the Atrox Carrier has very poor maneuverability. It does, however, hold one of the largest crew complements and provides decent firepower, hull strength, repair rates, buffs, and debuffs.
The Caitian Atrox Carrier is the first Federation Carrier to be launched - and is capable of deploying Stalker Fighters and other Federation fighters. These fighters, like their Klingon counterpart, can be deployed to do various tasks. These include providing direct damage firepower support, repairing the carrier itself or weakening and disabling enemies. When the launched fighters have been destroyed the player can launch another wave after a short period of time.
In comparison to the Klingon Vo'quv Carrier:
- The Atrox Carrier has a bonus +5 shield power whilst the Vo'quv Carrier does not.
- The Vo'quv Carrier has 1000 more crew then the Atrox Carrier.
- The Vo'quv Carrier has slightly more hull strength than the Atrox Carrier.
- The Atrox Carrier is more science-focused with a Lt Commander science bridge officer slot whilst the Vo'quv Carrier is more tactical-focused with a Lt Commander tactical bridge officer slot.
- The Atrox, like all large carrier ships, can technically equip Dual Cannons, but with such poor maneuverability on carrier ships using them effectively can be more difficult.
There are some other things to note about this vessel:
- Due to its turn rates, players should opt for Turrets and Beam Arrays as viable weaponry.
- Due to the ship's very poor turn rates and very low inertia rating (20), it is actually possible to perform a "power slide", and attempting this will cause the ship to continue to move sideways for a short period.
- From a standing position, the ship takes 10 seconds to reach full speed, and an additional 10 seconds to come to a complete stop.
- It takes roughly 1 minute 20 seconds inside a system to do a complete 360° turn at three-quarter impulse with its standard impulse engines.
 Standard Configuration
Federation starships come with standard equipment and weapons of the lowest mark available at the ship's minimum rank. The items provided are appropriate to the type of vessel and its related playing style.
The Atrox Carrier comes with built-in abilities that cannot be ranked up, and abilities that are based on the craft loaded into the two hangar bays.
- Launch Stalker Fighters
- Carrier Command - Attack
- Carrier Command - Escort
- Carrier Command - Intercept
- Carrier Command - Recall
- Beam Target Auxiliary Subsystems I
- Beam Target Weapons Subsystems I
- Beam Target Engines Subsystems I
- Beam Target Shields Subsystems I
This ship can launch attack wings of Stalker Fighters in its standard configuration, though other craft can be equipped to be launched. The carrier can also give commands to those craft to order them to attack or defend selected targets.
After activating a subsystem targeting ability, the player will have 30 seconds to attack an enemy ship with any form of beam weapon. The attack will lower power to that system, and have a small chance of completely taking the system offline. If the system is taken offline it renders all abilities that use that subsystem temporarily inert. For example, if you target the shields and subsequently take them offline, then all of the enemies shield facings will go down.
 Comparison with Other Carriers
|Weapons||3 , 3||3 , 3||4 , 3||3 , 3||4 , 3|
|Consoles||2 3 4||2 3 4||3 2 4||2 4 4||4 4 2|
|Bonus Power|| +5 Shields
|+10 Auxiliary|| +10 Weapons
| +5 Engine
| +10 Weapons|
|Special Weapon|| Thermonic
|Special Console|| Phase Shift
"Atrox" means "savage" in Latin.
|Klingon Empire: (Complete & Detailed List)|
|Toron Shuttle • DujHod Chariot • To'Duj Fighter • Rozhenko Timeship|
|Destroyers||Support Vessels||Flight-Deck Cruisers and Carriers|
|• B'rel - Refit|
|• QulDun - Refit||• Somraw||• K'Tanco|
|• Norgh - Refit||• Qorgh - Refit|| • K't'inga - Refit
|• Vandal||• Phalanx||• Dacoit Cruiser|
|• Ki'tang - Refit||• Pach - Refit||• Vor'cha - Refit||• Scourge||• Draguas||• Corsair Cruiser|
|• Hegh'ta||• Qin - Mirror|| • Negh'Var
• Vor'cha Retrofit - Mirror
• Kamarag Retrofit
|• Varanus|| • Marauder Cruiser|
• Vo'quv Carrier - Mirror
|• B'rel Retrofit||• Peghqu'|| • Bortasqu' Cruiser:
Command - Tactical - War
| • Guramba
|• Korath||• Kar'Fi Carrier|
| • Fleet Norgh
• Hoh'SuS - Fleet
• B'rel Fleet
| • Fleet Qin
• Somraw - Fleet
| • K't'inga - Fleet
• Fleet Tor'Kaht
• Fleet Kamarag
• Fleet Negh'Var
|• Scourge - Fleet||• Varanus Fleet|| • Corsair - Fleet|
• Fleet Vo'quv Carrier
|Romulan Republic: (Complete & Detailed List)|
|Tiercel Shuttle • Kestrel Runabout • Scorpion Fighter|
|Warbirds||• T'liss - Refit||• Dhelan - Refit||• Mogai - Refit||• D'deridex - Refit|| • Ha'apax - Mirror
• Ha'nom - Mirror
• Ha'feh - Mirror
| • T'varo Retrofit
• Dhelan Retrofit
• Mogai Retrofit
• D'deridex Retrofit
| • Fleet T'varo|
• Fleet Dhelan
• Fleet Mogai
• Fleet D'deridex
• Fleet Ha'apax
• Fleet Ha'nom
• Fleet Ha'feh