Ability: Support Drone Fabrication
Support Drone Fabrication creates an automated ally drone that will assist you (or an ally) in combat and provide engineering buffs (dependent on level). Engineering players who reach the rank of commander grade 5 will receive this as a player ability.
Support Drones can be assigned to yourself or an ally (away team member, fabricated object, another play). When assigned to yourself they have a tendency to roam further than when assigned to an ally.
Because Drones roam, caution is advised when deploying in certain combat situations as they may attract the attention of unwanted enemies. This can be negated by assigning them to a stationary fabrication.
See also the Seeker Drone Fabrication which actively hunts down enemies.
 Basic Information
- Profession: Engineering
- Locale: Ground
- Game Description: Fabricates a Support Drone that will follow and assist you. If you select an ally (Away Team member, another fabricated device like a turret or another drone, or any other ally), the support drone will assist that target. Support Drone III is equipped with a beam attack, Equipment Diagnostics, Quick Fix, and Shield recharge. It comes with improved shields.
 Detailed Information
- Used by: Captain, Bridge Officers
- Target: Self, Allies
- Attack Type: N/A
- Ability Type: Pet
- Activation: 1.25 seconds
- Range: 30.48 meters
- Shares cooldown with:
- Starts cooldown on:
- Self only
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
 Ability Ranks
|Ability/User Rank||CD||SPR||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Commander||2m||200||
|Rank II: Commander||2m||-||
|Rank III: Commander||2m||200||
• Only occurs in certain circumstances.
- Your Captain may require the use of a Kit to use the skill if it's applicable.
- The energy type used by the support drone is dependent on your faction. Starfleet drones use Phaser weapons, KDF use Disruptors.
- In solo play, bridge officers will waste heals on damaged support drones. One must have Quick Fix on hand to counter this bug.
Old style Support Drone in use, prior to Season 4.