Ability: Reroute Power to Shields
Reroute Power to Shields is a ground ability that Engineering players get at the Lieutenant grade 5 rank. It heals the user's shields and gives a general damage resistance buff, which has a small chance of Exposing attackers.
While it appears similar to Shield Recharge, its self-targeting limitation, longer damage resistance buff (Rank II and III also offer a stronger resistance,) and potential to Expose make it more of a Tanking tool than a healer's skill. Shield Recharge quickly mends damaged shields, while Reroute is best activated right before leading a charge or drawing fire.
- Profession: Engineering
- Locale: Ground
- Game Description: Reroute Power to Shields diverts energy from the Engineers' tricorder to their personal shield generator, restoring lost energy and temporarily increasing shield damage resistance. While the shield is repairing, any enemy that attacks the engineer has a chance to be Exposed.
- Used by: Lieutanent
- Target: Self
- System: None
- Ability Type: Buff
- Activation: - 0.5 seconds
- Range: N/A
- Shares cooldown with:
- Starts cooldown on:
- Self only
- Modified by:
- Provided by:
- Engineering Captain - Level 4
- Bridge Officer Trainer - Rank I and II
- Non-common Bridge Officer candidates - Rank III
|Ability/User Rank||CD||SPR||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Lieutenant||60s||-||
|Rank II: Lt Commander||60s||-||
|Rank III: Commander||45s||-||
- There are no images for this ability yet.