See here for options for possible layout adjustments and to express your preference.
Ability: Quantum Slipstream Drive
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Quantum Slipstream Drive ability is granted to all classes upon reaching Vice Admiral 50. It allows a ship to travel at increased warp speed for 30 seconds.
Basic Information[edit | edit source]
- Professions: Tactical, Science, Engineer,
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Quantum Slipstream Drive is an experimental propulsion system first discovered by the U.S.S. Voyager while stranded in the Delta Quadrant. Although still experimental, this propulsion system is now much more stable than the prototype first developed by Captain Kathryn Janeway's crew. Quantum Slipstream Drive allows faster than Warp travel speeds in Sector Space. Quantum Slipstream Drive generates a subspace tunnel in front of your ship allowing it to travel faster than the warp speed barrier of warp 10.
Slipstream travel has its limitations. The Quantum Slipstream Drive can only be maintained for a limited time. Also, course corrections are very difficult, so although extremely fast, turn rate is very limited. Re-initializing the Slipstream Drive does take some time, so once it is down, it will be down for a while. Before initializing the Quantum Slipstream Drive, it is best to plot a course and engage your warp engines, and then engage the Slipstream.
Detailed Information[edit | edit source]
- Used by: Captain
- Target: Self
- System: None
- Ability Type: N/A
- Activation: 0.5 seconds
- Range: N/A
- Shares cooldown with:
- Starts cooldown on: 2 minutes
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
- This ability cannot be trained
Ability Ranks[edit | edit source]
|Ability/User Rank||CD||Duration||Ability Effects|
| Solar Sail
Risian Luxury Cruiser
Odyssey Star Cruiser
Experimental Science Vessel
| Chroniton Integrated
Experimental Systems Set
Mathematical Calculations[edit | edit source]
The speed achieved by Quantum Slipstream Drive is related to the base sector space speed of the slipstream drive variant, total number of Driver Coil skill points and rating of a warp cores' [SSS] modifier according to the following equation:
Slipstream drive speed =
(1 + [SSS] warp core modifier rating) * ((100 + (Total Driver Coil points / 2)) * ((Base sector space speed / 4.9) / 100))
- Only the M.A.C.O. and Adopted Honor Guard Impulse Engines possess an innate Driver Coil buff thus are the only impulse engines to affect Slipstream speed; Mk XII = +8.8, Mk XIII = +9.4, Mk XIV = +10.0. (Borg Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines do not possess a Driver Coil buff thus do not affect Slipstream speed)
- Prior to the October 10th 2012 patch both normal and advanced version of Slipstream Drive possessed the same base speed of Transwarp 20. After the patch the advanced version had its base speed increased to Transwarp 22.86.
- The base speed of Advanced slipstream drives was dropped to Transwarp 22.00 during Season 9.
- On the 21st of May 2013 the Legacy of Romulus was released introducing Warp Cores to ships. There are 2 warp core modifiers which affect slipstream Drive speed; [Coi] and [SSS]. The [Coi] modifier increases the number of Driver Coil points by: Mk XI +16.2, Mk XII +17.5, Mk XIII +18.8 and Mk XIV +20.0. The [SSS] modifier increases Slipstream drive speed by Mk XI +0.1 (10%) and Mk XII +0.2 (20%). The [SSS] modifier does not increase at higher marks.
- The current fastest sector space speed is 334.5 (Transwarp 68.26). In order to achieve that, the following is required:
- Chroniton-Integrated Quantum Slipstream Drive (Vesta console 2-piece bonus; 117.6 base sector space speed)
- Driver Coil 9x (+99 Driver Coil points)
- Diplomatic Immunity (+50 Driver Coil points)
- Raiding Party (+50 Driver Coil points)
- M.A.C.O. Impulse Engines or Adapted Honor Guard Impulse Engines at Mk XIV Epic (+30 Driver Coil points)
- Critical Success in Assignment: Perform Antimatter Containment Leak Drills (+25 Driver Coil points)
- Mk XIV Warp Core with [Coi] and [SSS] modifiers (+20 Driver Coil points; +0.2 (20%) boost to overall sector space speed)
Sector Space Speed Enhancements[edit | edit source]
||Type of Enhancement|
|M.A.C.O. Impulse Engines or Adapted Honor Guard Impulse Engines at Mk XIV Epic||+30 Driver Coil|
|Critical Success in Assignment: Perform Antimatter Containment Leak Drills||+25 Driver Coil|
|Diplomatic Immunity||+50 Driver Coil|
|Raiding Party||+50 Driver Coil|
|Mk XIV Warp Core with [Coi] and [SSS] modifiers||+20 Driver Coil; +20% Slipstream Speed|
|9 points in Driver Coil||+99 Driver Coil|