Ability: Polarize Hull
From Star Trek Online Wiki
Polarize Hull is a Science Bridge Officer space ability. It increases the player's energy damage resistance while breaking tractor beams.
 Basic Information
- Profession: Science
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Polarize Hull provides great damage resistance and immunity to tractor beams. Increases in effectiveness based on current auxiliary power level.
 Detailed Information
- Used by: Science Bridge Officers
- Target: Self
- System: Hazard
- Ability Type: Cleanse & Buff
- Activation: 0.5 sec
- Range: N/A
- Duplicate ability cooldown:
- 30 seconds
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
 Ability Ranks
|Ability/User Rank||CD||SPR||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Ensign||45-85 sec||250||
|Rank II: Lieutenant||45-85 sec||500||
|Rank III: Lieutenant Commander||45-85 sec||750||
- "Polarized hull plating" is a technique used on occasion in Star Trek canon. This technique was used in the 22nd Century exclusively by various warp capable species as the primary defensive measure against energy based attacks. Later on after deflector based shielding was invented, it was used as escape from Tractor Beams or covering/exposing starship position.