Ability: Emission-Seeking Torpedo
Emission-Seeking Torpedo is a space ability. It is an attack upgrade power that upgrades the player's next torpedo attack to seek cloaked targets and disable its cloak and engines. It is only available on player ships equipped with the [Console - Universal - Ionized Gas Sensor] that comes with the Cruiser Refit, purchasable on the C-Store for 750 Zen.
This ability merely upgrades the next torpedo attack. The actual effect is activated when firing the upgraded Emission-Seeking Photon Torpedo.
- Profession: None
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Improves your next Photon Torpedo attack. Activating this ability will upgrade your next Torpedo with gas emission sensors. The modified Torpedo will seek out any cloaked or otherwise masked ships and track them down. If it cannot detect a cloaked targets, it will then seek the next valid target. Since its targeting is somewhat unconventional, the torpedo will meander around as it slowly narrows in on its target. The impact will typically temporarily disable the targets cloak, and, since it is designed to fly right into the targets impulse engines, will drain the targets engine power and has a chance to take the targets engines offline. Since it requires no target to fire, there is no limited firing arc to launch this modified torpedo. You must have a Torpedo weapon equipped to utilize this ability.
- Used by: Player
- Target: Self
- System: Torpedoes
- Ability Type: Attack Upgrade - Seeks cloaked targets, disable engines
- Activation: 1 sec
- Range: N/A
- Shares cooldown with:
- Starts cooldown on:
- Self only
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
- Not trainable (innate ability)
|Ability/User Rank||CD||SPR||Ability Effects|
- A photon torpedo was upgraded to seek a cloaked Bird-of-Prey by following its plasma exhaust trail in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
- This ability does not fire a torpedo itself, it merely upgrades the next torpedo attack. As such, as player's starship must have a torpedo equipped to use this ability.
- This ability works with any kind of torpedo, including Tricobalt devices.