Overviewcloak when not in combat, rendering the ship invisible to enemy sensors. This ability gives the user an advantage when used, enabling the element of surprise and/or improving coordination with your team mates in PvP.
This is a toggle ability and will not remove itself even if the player attempts to fire at a target. To remove the cloak once it's active, click on the Cloak ability in your hotbar again. Players can use all abilities whilst cloaked, including bridge officer and tray abilities, which is valuable as it allows you to come straight out of cloak pre-buffed.
Players in PvP are able to remove the effects of this ability by using their scanning abilities to detect the user's vessel. Enemies may also detect you if you move too close to them. Friendly players will still be able to see you while you're cloaked.
The difference between this ability and Battle Cloak or Enhanced Battle Cloak is that it cannot be activated while under Red Alert. All three cloak abilities allow the player to set ambushes and enter combat when they choose, but the Battle Cloaks have the additional ability to escape from combat.
 Basic Information
- Profession: All
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Cloak grants stealth to your starship, but lowers your shields while active. Cloak can only be activated outside of combat and will drop if combat is engaged. When activated, your shields will drop for a few seconds before the Cloak fully engages. Immediately after decloaking, you will have a short duration damage bonus. The strength of the cloak is determinded by your starship's auxiliary power setting.
 Detailed Information
- Used by: Captain (and yes that means you! :D )
- Target: You/Self
- Attack Type: N/A
- Ability Type: Buff, Toggle
- Activation: 2.00 seconds
- Range: N/A
- Shares cooldown with:
- Starts cooldown on:
- Self only
- Modified by:
- Trained by:
- Not trainable (innate ability)
 Ability Ranks
|Ability/User Rank||CD||SPR||Ability Effects|
- This abilitys numerical figures vary depending on your current starship, rank/grade, skills and Auxiliary power level.
Federation Tactical Escort Retrofit cloaking