Ability: Boarding Party
Boarding Party is a unique Engineering bridge officer ability. Up to three Boarding Party shuttles are shot at the enemy ship. Assuming the shuttles aren't destroyed, a general Boarding Party debuff is applied for about twenty seconds. In addition, for each shuttle that makes it, one of two extra debuffs are applied: a hull damage-over-time or a subsystem sabotage.
Drawbacks of this ability include the randomness of the applied debuffs and the fragile nature of the shuttles; one shot generally destroys them. But, the possible upshot of knocking out a battleship's weapons and shields, in addition to direct hull damage, can be enticing, if you're willing to spend the slot.
 Basic Information
- Profession: Engineering
- Locale: Space
- Game Description: Boarding Party launches up to three assault shuttles at the target. If they arrive safely, they will cause damage the ship’s crew and subsystems. Each shuttle launched removes twenty crew from your ship who attempt to beam back upon completing their mission.
 Detailed Information
- Target: Foe
- Range: 10 km
- Activation time: 1 sec
- Duration: 1 sec / shuttle
- Modified by:
- Duty Officer
- Flight Deck Officer
- Reduce the time to for all hangar bays and Boarding Party abilities after use
- Uras'Kalan (Dominion_Lock_Box)
- Chance for Boarding Party Shuttles to come equipped with a Point Defense Turret
- Kel_the_Retributor (Ultra-Rare Duty Officer), Kwim_Lo (Gamma Quadrant Ultra-Rare Duty Officer)
- Chance to double the number of shuttles launched with Boarding Parties
- Flight Deck Officer
- Trained by:
- Ability: Tactical Team (removes boarding parties and debuffs)
- Ability: Engineering Team (restores disabled subsystems)
- Ability: Transfer Shield Strength (chance to remove hostile boarding parties when a Transporter Officer is on active duty)
 Ability Ranks
|User Rank||CD||SPR||Ability Effects|
|Rank I: Lieutenant||1 min 40 sec||500||
|Rank II: Lieutenant Commander||1 min 40 sec||750||
|Rank III: Commander||1 min 40||1000||
- X = the level of player.
- The description specifies "twenty crew" per shuttle, but it's actually 10 crew / shuttle as noted by the effects list.
- Borg vessels using this ability use transporters instead of shuttlecraft.